April 7, 2021 / Thought Leadership
Balancing Data & Anthropology in Marketing: It’s Good For Business
Steve Connelly was a keynote at the 2020 Think Global Conference where he discussed balancing data and anthropology in marketing. In his session, Steve shares:
1. How data is powerful, but should inform better questions, not provide black and white answers in a business that’s grey.
2. Rational thinking doesn’t always determine purchase behavior because people are more emotional than logical, more right brain than left.
3. It’s human nature to have a gap between what we say and what we do, so create opportunities to better get at the heart of what people want.
4. “Why” is the biggest question that’s missing in marketing and the most valuable question to understand your audience.
5. In a world of immense polarization, don’t lose site of the things that make us all the same; celebrate those universal human truths.
6. Observing cultural and societal behaviors is far more valuable than solely listening to what people say.
7. It’s time to balance the surge in data with a commensurate surge in anthropology. When they work together, magic happens. It’s good for business.
You can watch the full key presentation below: